The Rankings Tracker allows your institution to select at least 15 target peers from the QS World University Rankings®, with which to compare themselves against. Our team of expert analysts can help you identify suitable peers, using a classification system (size, specialisation, number of faculties and research output).
The Rankings Tracker
Delivered through an online analytics platform, the Rankings Tracker is intended to provide a high level of flexibility. It presents insightful visualisations through three main areas:
- All peers (all peers are presented and compared in the same visualisations)
- Peer versus peer
- Institution profiles (general trends at a glance)
The Rankings Tracker provides useful insight about the chosen institutions, which includes:
- World rank estimation for non-ranked institutions
- Trend data on ranking positions, including information which is not publicly available
- Access to the data behind the rankings, including faculty staff and students data, research metrics and reputation analysis
Benefits to your Institution
- Helps you to gain insight on your institution’s regional, national and global standing.
- Helps to identify weak areas and indicates what needs to be done to improve.
- Provides guidance on planning SMART objectives and improving competitive edge.
- Provides exclusive access to comparative data used to compile the QS World University Rankings®
- Allows you and your colleagues to visualise improvements which can be a strong motivator for change.
- Challenges operational complacency.
- May suggest goals for recruitment and staff development.
- Helps to identify training needs and problem areas.
Subject Rankings Tracker
The QS Subject Rankings Tracker is an analytic tool that will allow you to acquire exclusive, detailed data underlying your ranks and scores in up to 46 academic areas from the QS World University Rankings by Subject, and to compare them to the datasets of a list of selected, identified peers.
Starting from a minimum of 10 subjects and 15 identified peers, the tool will help you explore and analyze comprehensive data on your institutions´ performance in specific subject areas. What’s best, you can choose different peers for each subject area.
The QS Subject Rankings Tracker gives you access to trend data behind the rankings, as well as on aspects of the QS World University Rankings by Subject datasets that are not publicly available, including world rank estimation for non-ranked institutions, specialist institutions and vocational subjects.
- You can select the peers and subjects you want to be compared to, or our team of expert analysts can help you identify suitable peers, using a classification system (size, specialization, number of faculties and research output).
- The comparative data will be delivered to you through easy-to-use and user-friendly dashboards, that will allow you to compare all the information of your selected peers in the subjects of your interest at a glance, and access detailed data for each institution and subject.
- The extensive datasets and insightful visualizations will provide you with, up to five-year evolution information on three main areas: Faculty staff and student’s data by subject, Research output data by subject, Reputation analysis by subject
- Being a highly-flexible tool, with the QS Subject Rankings Tracker you can filter the data and break it down in diverse ways.
- The data will be accessible online, and you can download it for bespoke analysis. You can also create your own visualizations and receive prompt, expert support from our analysts to help you contextualize the information provided to you by the datasets.